Welcome to the RadiumOne, Inc. ("RadiumOne") web site at http://www.radiumone.com (the "Site"). RadiumOne is an online advertising company and values the privacy of Internet visitors ("Users") to the Site as well Users that visit web sites where our advertising technology is enabled.
About Our Online Advertising Services
RadiumOne operates an online advertising network (the "Technology") through which we work with hundreds of web sites around the world buying display advertising space and reselling it in targeted packages to advertisers and agencies. Users benefit from targeted advertising as they receive advertisements that they are more likely to be interested in, and advertisers benefit as advertising is more efficiently delivered to interested Users.
The targeting options are based on anonymous data that is collected over time across our ad network and through Via.me and Po.st (as described below) and may range from targeting a User's general geographic location to targeting involving User's interests and similarities between Users. This data may be used to identify and predict the sites and groups of Users that are most likely to create a response to an advertiser's campaign.
If you prefer not to have online advertising tailored to your interests by RadiumOne, you may opt out at any time by one of the following methods:
- Opt out of RadiumOne's user interest targeting cookie by clicking the button below. Please note that if you delete your cookies, change browsers, or use a different computer, you will need to opt out again.
- RadiumOne is a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). If you would like to opt-out of RadiumOne together with other NAI members using the NAI's opt-out tool, you can do so by clicking here.
- RadiumOne is also a member of PrivacyChoice, which offers an opt-out wizard covering numerous advertising networks. Please click here for more information.
When you opt out, we will clear all data about you in our system and place three pieces of data in your browser’s cookie. The first piece of data tells us that you have opted out of RadiumOne; it does not contain any data about you except for the fact that you have opted out. We need this cookie in place so that we know not to collect information about your interests in the future. The second piece of data allows us to count the number of times you are exposed to our advertisers’ campaigns. The third and final piece of data enables us to count the number of people who visit our advertisers' web sites as a result of seeing our campaigns.
Please note that opting out does not mean you will not see advertisements online, but only that these advertisements will not be tailored based on your online interests from RadiumOne as an individual vendor.
What Information We Collect
- No Collection of Personally Identifiable Information. We do not collect any personally identifiable information using the Technology. The IAB (Internet Advertising Bureau), which is a trade association for the Internet marketing industry, defines personally identifiable information as "information that can be traced back to a specific User and provide personal information such as name, address, phone number, etc." This includes information about you that can identify you as a specific individual rather than an anonymous profile. We do not collect sensitive consumer information, such as insurance plan numbers, financial account numbers, or information about medical conditions through the Technology. All of our profiles are anonymous, and relate to a browser rather identifying a specific individual. While we may be able to associate interests and intent to purchase with specific profiles, we cannot match that anonymous profile with specific individuals.
- Automatically Collected Information. We may also collect a variety of automatically collected information from your browser or computer using the Technology, including "pixel tags", "clear gifs", or "web beacons." This "automatically collected" information may also include request-based information which is passed to us by the User's computer browser with every request and is stored entirely anonymously. Examples of this include your web browser type, the web sites that you visit just before or just after a web site on our ad network, and the dates and times that you visit a web site on our ad network. We may also collect session information relating to Users and specific ad campaigns, which is used for frequency capping, or limiting the number of times a User sees a specific ad, and targeting of Users according to their specific interests. If you are viewing a website that utilizes our Technology using a mobile device, we may also use the Unique Device Identifier, Blackberry PIN, carrier user ID or other device information that uniquely identifies individual smartphones or mobile devices (collectively, “Device ID”) in order to authenticate the user session. This Device ID functions similarly to a persistent cookie to make it possible to authenticate the user without the need for a password.
- Click Information. We may receive information when you click on or otherwise interact with ads deployed using the Technology, including when you indicate a "like" or "share" for the ad by clicking on a button near the ad. The information received by us may include information about the ad that was clicked on, the web page, or other session-based and request-based information as described above. We may also receive information regarding any links that you may click on that are associated with ads deployed using the Technology, or any links that you share or receive from third parties related to those ads.
- Information from RadiumOne Rewards. We may also receive information from interactions with advertisement offers placed in online games by RadiumOne Rewards technology. If you click on an in-game ad or offer from an advertiser, we may receive that information, including session and request-based information, information about the offer or advertisement that you clicked on, or the name of the game that the offer or ad was located in.
- Information from Po.st. We may receive information when you click on or use our sharing tools on websites that use our Po.st sharing service. When a user accesses a webpage that contains our sharing tools or utilizes our link shortening or video embedding services, we may add a cookie to the user’s browser to record information on websites that the user has visited, search terms that they have entered, or connections between anonymous cookies, but strictly in an anonymous profile. For our video embedding services, we may also track information related to the videos that you share, including social statistics and information relating to the parties accessing the video, but only as an anonymous profile. We may also collect the IP address and ZIP Code of any devices that access URLs shortened by our services, information about how the shortened URLs have been shared, and the date and time of the website access using the shortened URL. We may use this information to customize and send more relevant advertisements to that user, based upon the collected information, as described below in the section entitled, “How We Use and Disclose Information.” We do not scan the title or the content of any messages you send through our services.
- Information Acquired from Other Sources. We may acquire anonymous data from third party sources, including through websites that use our Technology. This data cannot be used to identify specific individuals and may be used for a variety of purposes, including to update existing User profiles, to provide our clients and others with aggregate information about traffic and site usage in our advertising network, and other uses as described below in the section entitled, “How We Use and Disclose Information.” We do not share, rent or sell any of the data acquired from third party sources, and require these third party sources to be privacy-compliant in their use of personal information.
How We Use and Disclose Information
- In General. RadiumOne uses the information collected by the Technology to tailor advertising to you more effectively. The aim is for you to see ads which you are more likely to be interested in, rather than ads that you aren't. We do this by comparing the information relating to the browser's anonymous profile, against our selection of ad campaigns and choosing the most suitable advertisement. In general, RadiumOne can only create these profiles and display ads to you when you visit a web site within our network. Many web sites do not charge you for the services that they provide, but are instead funded by the ads that you view, including providing anonymous, non-personally identifiable information to advertisers. The more effective the advertising on a web site, the more money the web site can generate from fewer ads, which reduces the clutter and invasiveness of the advertising on their web sites. Identifying anonymous profiles allows RadiumOne to offer an improved online experience for you, increased performance to our advertisers and publishers, and enhanced revenues for web sites within our ad network.
- ShareGraph™ Technology. RadiumOne uses its "ShareGraph™" technology to help our clients deliver relevant online advertisements. ShareGraph™ provides us with a method of connecting people who have shared links, applications, or other content through e-mail or sharing widgets with other parties. The edges of a share graph may also be modeled based on frequency, recency, directionality, and types of sharing between two Users. We use ShareGraph™ to find Users who are likely to share similar interests and purchase histories. For example, if a person expresses an interest in adventure travel, our Technology helps our clients identify other people who are likely to enjoy adventure travel based on similarities in the ShareGraph™ between the different people. By using our Technology, our clients can categorize people with similar characteristics, interests or purchase intent, improving their ability to deliver more relevant advertising.
- Action Attribution. To gain a greater understanding of a web site's performance or a User's general interests, we use a variety of technologies to determine which web sites in our network the User has visited previously and/or where the User clicked on an advertisement. By using this information, we can calculate which web sites and/or which broad interest characteristics of Users are most likely to respond to a particular campaign. This may be performed two ways - Performance Attribution and User Interest Profiling.
- User Interest Profiling. To create a User interest profile, we observe which web sites within our network Users have interacted with, and determine what topics are covered by the web sites. This information is combined to generate an anonymous interest profile for specific browsers to better target our ads to Users. For example, if a User visits a sports site within our network then we may classify them as broadly interested in that sport, and potentially interested in purchasing sports gear. That information may be provided to our advertising partners to allow them to better tailor their ads to specific Users.
- Po.st. If you use our Po.st sharing service, we may provide our third party partners with anonymous metrics and analytics about information and websites that you access in order to allow these third parties to better reach their audiences. For example, if you click on a curated link hosted by one of our partners, our partner may receive anonymous information about the fact that you have accessed that website, including but not limited to the date and time of such access, the website visited, and the IP address and ZIP Code of the device used to access the link, but strictly in an anonymous profile.
- Service Providers. RadiumOne works with authorized service providers to provide website hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their obligations to us, these service providers may have access to User information. However, we contractually require these service providers to safeguard User information and generally limit their use of User information to the purpose for which it was shared.
RadiumOne maintains all server log data and stored data for a period of 24 months to comply with audits, court order or law enforcement inquiries. After 24 months all of the stored data is destroyed. Summarized data is kept indefinitely. Summarized data is aggregated statistical data (impressions, clicks, and conversions) used for financial reporting purposes.
RadiumOne uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of User information. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store data.
In the Event of Merger or Sale
In the event that RadiumOne is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
RadiumOne is very sensitive to the importance of children's privacy and employs a zero-tolerance approach to advertising to children. RadiumOne's web sites, products, and services are neither developed for, nor directed at, children. RadiumOne does not employ or offer targeting towards children under the age of 18. If you believe your child has provided RadiumOne with personal information, or registered at one of RadiumOne's web sites, and you would like to have the data removed, please contact us.
RadiumOne Site Privacy Practices
The RadiumOne Site is generally intended for use by businesses, advertisers, and potential partners interested in learning more about RadiumOne. You may provide to RadiumOne what is generally called "personally identifiable" information (such as your name, email address, and any other information you provide) when using the Site. For example, if you are an advertiser or web publisher and use the Site to request a contact from our sales or business development department, we will ask for your name, email address and other contact information so that a RadiumOne representative can respond to your inquiry. We do not use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose other than responding to your request, including for our online advertising network. We do not share your personally identifiable information with other organizations for their marketing or promotional uses without your express consent. Notwithstanding the above, RadiumOne reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information if: (i) required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws; (ii) we believe, in good faith, that such action is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; or (iii) such action is necessary to protect our rights or those of our Users and others.
The Site is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Site you consent to that transfer.
55 Second St.
San Francisco, CA 94105